Expert eye care tips
The skin around your eyes is one of the most delicate areas of your body – and it shows the signs of age, stress and lack of sleep more easily than the rest of your face. Here are few tips from our experts to help keep your eyes looking and feeling fabulous.
- Avoid salty foods and alcohol. Both cause your skin to retain fluids, leading to puffiness.
- Rinse your face with cold water. This also helps reduce any puffiness around your eyes.
- Make sure you get enough sleep. As well as helping your skin regenerate and renew itself, this also helps prevent the appearance of dark circles under your eyes.
- Use a specialised eye cream morning and night. Our new Purely Age Defying Firming Eye Cream is specifically designed to leave skin around eyes feeling firmer, smoother and tighter to help reduce visible lines and wrinkles.
- Wear sunscreen. Sun exposure is one of the key causes of skin ageing. Make sure you were a broad spectrum sunscreen that’s safe to use around your eyes, such as our Sun Specialist SPF40 High Protection Cream PA+++.
- Wear sunglasses. Even if you’re wearing sunscreen, bright sunlight causes you to squint, which leads to wrinkles over time.
- Apply your eye cream using your ring fingers. These fingers have the lightest touch. Warm a small amount of cream between the soft pads of your ring fingers and press and release it onto your skin, working from the inner corner of your eye outwards.
- Be gentle when removing eye makeup. Respect the delicate skin around your eyes, rubbing and pulling can cause wrinkles. Purely Age-Defying Nourishing Cleansing Oil effortlessly dissolves eye makeup, massage gently around the eye area, wet fingertips to emulsify and rinse thoroughly with warm water.
Want more like this in your inbox?
Sign up to our newsletter to hear more about our skincare tips, new products & special offers.